The Hp Procurve ML 110 G7 Server is a modular entry level server that is designed to be used in small businesses and homes. The price of this server is very attractive for the configuration it supports. There are solid differences between running server based softwares/applications on a server hardware and PC hardware. A server, for example, provides a reliable RAM (with ECC), expandable configuration (hard-drive, RAM, PCI Slots, etc), 24 x 7 operation, RAID (for data storage redundancy), remote management, etc.
The Hp Procurve ML 110 G7 server has a modest Intel Xeon processor, expandable RAM (up to 16 GB) and hard-drives (up to 8 TB) to enable basic server applications like file sharing, web-server, email-server, network management, etc. A list of supported operating systems for this server can be found on this Hp page. Since Hp is an established server manufacturer with a good reputation in the enterprise segment, small business users and home users can be rest assured that many enterprise grade technologies have been implemented in this server.
The Hp iLO3 integrated remote management feature enables easy server installation, power management and health monitoring. It also enables remote access and hence reduces server downtime. Since the server is expected to be used at homes/small businesses without dedicated IT staff, installation and maintenance has been made simpler in order to make it easier for non-technical users.
Important features/specifications of the Hp Procurve ML 110 G7 Server (E3-1220):
- Processor: Intel Xeon 4 Core, 3.1 Ghz, 8 MB, 80W, 1333/t
- RAM: 2 GB (Max: 16 GB), DDR3, Up to 1333 Mhz, 4 DIMM slots for expansion
- Hard drive: 1 x 250 GB LFF NHP SATA 7200 RPM (Max HDD capacity: 8 TB)
- Cache memory: Intel 8 MB Smart Cache
- Network: 2 x 10/100/1000 Mbps ports, RJ-45
- Storage Controller: Integrated 6-port SATA controller supporting RAID 0, 1, 10
- Expansion: 4 x PCI Express 2.0 Slots ( x4, x8, x8, x16)
- Supports ECC Memory
- Maximum Drive bays: Large Form Factor – 4 x SAS/SATA; Small Form Factor – 8 x SAS/SATA
- Video, USB and Serial connectors
- Warranty: 1 Year
- RAM expandable up to 16 GB, Hard drive expandable up to 8 TB
- Integrated storage controller supporting RAID 0,1,10
- Ample number of USB, PCI-Express slots
- ECC memory is server grade and reliable
- Integrated remote management decreases server downtime
- Four DIMM slots enables memory expansion as and when required
- Hp is a popular server manufacturer known for its enterprise grade support
- Modular design that ensures lesser upfront investment
- Optional rack-mount kit available
- Power supply is non-hot plug and non-redundant
- Included Optical DVD drive is ROM
- RAM, HDD and other spares/components need to be bought from Hp
- A separate Hp tray is required to house additional 3.5″ hard disk drives
You could buy the Hp Procurve ML 110 G7 Server (Model: E3-1220) from Amazon Online. If you live in the United States, you could click here to check the best price offered by Amazon for this server.
You can follow the latest Computer Networking/IT Products released for homes/small businesses & reviews by subscribing to this blog with your email address in the top right-hand sidebar box: ‘Follow by E-mail’. You can expect one mail per week (max).