Video Introduction – ASUS Vivo Tab:
If you are looking for the best tablet for Work & Play, you may not have to look beyond the ASUS Vivo Tab!
Striking Advantages of ASUS Vivo Tab:
* 11.6″ 1080p HD Touchscreen - Have you seen the screen size of smaller tablets in person? At best, they look like large mobile phones. If at all you want your tablet to do something productive, you should have a screen size that is large enough for using office productivity/other applications, but also light enough to hold it and read an eBook or play a game, lying down on your bed. This tablet fits the bill perfectly for both of them! 11.6″ is the perfect screen size for a useful mobile computing device. This tablet comes with a 1080p High Definition (1366 x 768) screen, BTW.
* Full-fledged Windows 8 OS that supports x86 applications - If you want to work, would you not prefer your tablet to support all x86 applications that you are used to, with your desktop or laptop? Would you not want to use Office applications like MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power point, etc.? Would you not want to use specific applications like Photoshop, ERP client software, etc. designed for the Windows desktop/laptop? Would you not want to use all your peripheral devices (with this tablet) that has windows drivers, only? This tablet will support them all, as it has a full-fledged Windows 8 OS which is compatible with all x86 Windows-platform applications.
While iOS and Android may be better for non-productive/entertainment applications, it’s very difficult to dispute the usefulness of a Windows 8-based device that supports all Windows applications and devices. Windows 8 is the newest Operating System from Microsoft that is optimized for touch-screen devices. Hence, you can expect your tablet experience to be good. After all, you might also want to play with your tablet, right?
* Keyboard dock - Seriously people, who thinks that they can be productive with a computing device (whatever it is) without a full-fledged keyboard? This device can be used as a tablet (for as long as you want to play) and then you can attach a keyboard to it and start typing, when you want to work! An integrated keyboard (with a dock) is hundred times better than buying a bluetooth keyboard for a tablet and hoping that you’ll be able to integrate them both, or trying to use the touch-screen keyboard for typing. Both are hopeless ideas. That’s why the ASUS Vivo Tab is extremely suitable for working. And playing.
* Wacom Digitizer Stylus - Along with the mobile dock, you also get a digital stylus pen. If at all you have tried to do anything productive/artistic with your tablet, you would have found out that using fingers on a touch-screen is not such a nice idea. A stylus pen will come in very handy if you want to take notes with freehand writing (or) if you want to write/draw something (or) highlight something while on a presentation (or) if you want to mark certain sections of the text/images on the screen. Stylus is a must for productive usage of tablets. Period.
* Boon for Travelers - Frequent travelers will be highly impressed with its 10.5 hour battery life (expandable to 19 hours, with the mobile dock) – That’s power for almost an entire day! Quad-speakers, Dual-Camera (2 MP front, 8 MP rear) enables people to participate in high-quality voice/video chats from where ever they are! Wi-Fi ‘n’, Bluetooth & NFC makes sure that connectivity is never an issue. Light-weight and small form-factor (even the keyboard) enables the tablet to be carried easily. What more would travelers want?
Basically, you get the best of both tablet & mobile laptop in a single device. Pure bliss!!
- The price maybe slightly on the higher side, but you don’t have to buy/carry two separate devices.
- You don’t have millions of apps for Windows 8, yet (they’ll all be coming shortly, though), but you can use all your PC applications!
- This device being a tablet, your storage space is limited. But, you can expand your memory using the microSD card-slot (on the tablet) & 2 x USB 2.0 ports (on the mobile dock).
Full specifications: Manufacturer’s web-page.
Price (USD)/ Buy from (USA): Amazon web-page for,
1. ASUS VivoTab TF810C-C1-GR 11.6-Inch 64GB Tablet (Grey) (Tablet)
2. ASUS VivoTab Docking Station for 11.6-Inch Tablet, Grey (VivoTab Dock TF810C-DOCK-GR) (Keyboard with docking station)
1. SanDisk Ultra 64 GB microSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card 30MB/s with Adapter SDSDQUA-064G-U46A (For additional storage)
Alternative models to consider:
1. ASUS VivoTab RT TF600T-B1-GR 10.1-Inch 32 GB Tablet (Gray) (Low-cost Windows RT based Tablet)
2. ASUS VivoBook X202E-DH31T 11.6-Inch Touch Laptop (11.6″ Touch-screen based Windows 8 Laptop)
You can follow the latest Computer Networking/IT Products released for Homes/Small Businesses by subscribing to this blog with your email address in the top right-hand sidebar box: ‘Follow by E-mail’. You can expect one mail per week.