Netgear has recently released a new 802.11ac Wi-Fi router – R6250. This model is an addition to its existing wireless AC range of routers/modem+routers/client adapters.
Highlights of R6250 Wireless AC Router (In short):
- 802.11ac support: Wireless network speeds are approximately three times more, when compared to the earlier 802.11n standard. The 802.11ac standard is also called gigabit wireless standard.
- USB 3.0 Port: The R6250 Wireless AC Router has a USB 3.0 port to which one can connect a hard-drive and the contents can be transferred/streamed faster, when compared to USB 2.0 ports normally available with other models in the market.
- Speeds: The R6250 Wireless AC router supports maximum speeds of up to 1600 Mbps (300 Mbps @ 2.4 Ghz 802.11n + 1300 Mbps @ 5 Ghz 802.11ac).
- 802.11n performance limited to (up to) 300 Mbps.
- Good for streaming HD movies/Games over the wireless medium.
- Some smart phone vendors (like Samsung, HTC) have already released 802.11ac compatible Wi-Fi enabled phones and other mobile/tablet/TV manufacturers will also do so, shortly. This router could be very useful to connect with such devices over high-speed 802.11ac networks.
Learn more about Netgear R6250 Wireless AC Router from here.
Netgear already has a few more products in its Wireless AC kitty including:
- R6300 Wireless AC Router (Max combined speeds of up to 1750 Mbps)
- R6200 Wireless AC Router (Max combined speeds of up to 1200 Mbps)
- D6300 Wireless AC Modem + Router (Max combined speeds of up to 1750 Mbps, built-in ADSL2+ broadband modem)
- D6200 Wireless AC Modem + Router (Max combined speeds of up to 1200 Mbps, built-in ADSL2+ broadband modem)
- External USB-based A6200 Wireless Client Adapter (To be attached with computers, laptops, etc. to make them 802.11ac compliant)
You can follow the latest Computer Networking/IT Products released for homes/small businesses & reviews by subscribing to this blog with your email address in the top right-hand sidebar box: ‘Follow by E-mail’. You can expect one mail per week (max).