Netgear has introduced a new model for their ReadyDATA line of products – The ReadyDATA 516 NAS appliance. This device is targeted at SMB’s (Small and Medium businesses) and seeks to provide some enterprise-class features to affordable/smaller NAS storage systems.
Some salient features you should know about ReadyDATA 516 NAS Appliance –
- 6-Bay Desktop NAS appliance for SMB’s.
- Support for both SSD & SATA based hard-drives.
- 5-Year Warranty.
- Support for deduplication, thin provisioning, unlimited snapshots, virtual networks.
- ReadyDATA hybrid cloud support for direct backup/replication to the public cloud over 128-bit SSL connections.
- Supports both block-level and file-level storage.
- Virtualization and backup software compatibility with major vendors.
- Alternative higher end model: ReadyDATA 5200.
You can learn more about both ReadyDATA 516 & ReadyDATA 5200 from here.
You can follow the latest Computer Networking/IT Products released for homes/small businesses & reviews by subscribing to this blog with your email address in the top right-hand sidebar box: ‘Follow by E-mail’. You can expect one mail per week (max).