Toshiba has recently introduced the Canvio Connect portable external hard-drives that allows users to remotely access their files/media from anywhere (over the Internet), as long as the device is connected to the USB port of a PC/Mac and the computer is switched on. Toshiba already has four more portable USB-based external hard-drives in the Canvio series, and this model will be a new addition to that series.
Highlights of Canvio Connect Portable USB-based External Hard-drive from Toshiba:
- Remote file sharing capabilities when the external hard-drive is connected to the USB port of a PC/Mac and the computer is switched on and connected to the Internet.
- It is possible to directly backup files and media from mobile devices and tablets (iOS, Android) to this hard-drive.
- Up to 2 TB capacity (Other models include 500 GB, 750 GB, 1 TB, 1.5 TB, 2 TB, etc).
- Multiple colors: Black, blue, red, silver, white.
- Includes 10 TB of free cloud storage/backup.
- Plug & Play utility for Windows and Mac based systems.
- 2-year limited warranty.
- USB 3.0 interface for high-speed file transfer. Backward compatible with USB 2.0 ports.
- Customize backup, schedule automatic backup, secure backup with passwords.
Further Information: Toshiba web-page for Canvio Connect.
You can follow the latest Computer Networking/IT Products released for homes/small businesses & reviews by subscribing to this blog with your email address in the top right-hand sidebar box: ‘Follow by E-mail’. You can expect one mail per week (max).