Asus has introduced the RP-N53 dual-band Wi-Fi range extender that supports 300 Mbps on the 2.4 Ghz band and 300 Mbps on the 5 Ghz band (totalling 600 Mbps bandwidth). A range extender compliments a Wi-Fi router or access point (generally from any make) and boosts their signal strength in large houses/places where they are able to provide only a limited Wi-Fi range.
For example, if you have a wireless router at the ground floor, and you are not getting good Wi-Fi singal-strength at the 3rd floor, you can install a Wi-Fi range extender at the second floor so that it catches the weak signals from the ground floor modem, boosts it and re-transmits it to the client devices at the 3rd floor. Have a look at the diagram at the bottom of this page to get a better understanding about the placement of range extenders.
Highlights of the Asus RP-N53 Wi-Fi Range Extender:
- Wi-Fi range extender. Capacity up to 600 Mbps (300 Mbps in 2.4 Ghz band + 300 Mbps in 5 Ghz band).
- Dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4 Ghz + 5 Ghz operation). Supports 802.11 b/g/n.
- Internal antennas.
- Built-in 3.5 mm audio jack allows the RP-N53 to stream music over the Wi-Fi network from a mobile device (to any device, over the wireless medium).
- Users need to press the WPS button to create a secure connection with an access point/ modem/ TV/ gaming device/ computer, etc.
- LED’s for indicating Wi-Fi signal strength. These lights can be turned off if the customer wants to do so.
- DLNA compatible.
Further info: Asus web-page.
You can follow the latest Computer Networking/IT Products released for homes/small businesses & reviews by subscribing to this blog with your email address in the top right-hand sidebar box: ‘Follow by E-mail’. You can expect one mail per week (max).