Supermicro has introduced a new double-sided 4U HDD storage solution that can hold up to seventy-two 3.5″ Hard Drives & two 2.5″ Hard Drives. If this storage bay is fully fitted with 4 TB hard-drives, it can support up to 288 TB of data!
Highlights of Supermicro SSG-6047R-E1R72L:
- 4U Double-sided storage chassis
- 72 x 3.5″; 2 x 2.5″ SAS2 or SATA3 interfaces
- 6 GB/sec in 36 hot-swappable drive bays
- Total capacity: 288 TB (4 TB hard drives supported)
- Dual Intel Xeon Processor E5-2600
- 3 x LSI 2308 IT mode controllers
- Quad Port Gigabit LAN (Optional 10 GB & 40 GB slots)
- 4 x available PCI-E 3.0 x 8 Expansion slots
- 2000 Watts Digital Switching Power supplies
This device is targeted at NAS/SAN applications, in particular, archival storage, media storage, compliance storage and other such applications.
Read more: Supermicro web-page.
You can follow the latest Computer Networking/IT Products released for homes/small businesses & reviews by subscribing to this blog with your email address in the top right-hand sidebar box: ‘Follow by E-mail’. You can expect one mail per week (max).