TRENDnet has released a new concurrent dual-band Wi-Fi router: TEW-751DR (N600) on July 15, 2013. This is basically a wireless ‘N’ router that is focused on providing both performance and value to users. The pre-encrypted Wi-Fi security with password (since some users do not set up password-based wireless encryption after receiving the router) and separate guest access (to allow guests to access Internet only) are two excellent features this device comes with.
- Model: TEW-751DR (N600)
- Device: Wi-Fi Router
- Function: Creates a new Wi-Fi network, but other Wi-Fi devices require appropriate client adapters (in computers/cell phones, etc) to connect to the Wi-Fi network. Of course, Internet connection is required to connect to the net over Wi-Fi.
- Type of Wi-Fi technology: Concurrent dual-band (2.4 Ghz, 5 Ghz) Wireless N Network.
- Bandwidth: Can provide up to 300 Mbps + 300 Mbps (Total: 600 Mbps) theoretically (practical achievable speeds are generally half of the quoted value in Wi-Fi networks).
- Compatible with older Wi-Fi client adapters (802.11 a/b/g/n).
- 4 x 10/100 Mbps Wireless LAN ports (for connecting other devices directly to the router using a cable) and 1 WAN port (for connecting with the Modem for Internet connectivity).
- Comes Pre-Encrypted (With a password) and with a physical WPS button for wireless security.
- Users can create a separate guest network and provide them with Internet-only access. This will prevent guests from accessing any (public) shared folders on your internal computers/NAS storage devices.
- IPv6 ready – It’s the next important standard and this feature will enable you to be able to use your device for a long time, if you wish to.
- GREENnet technology for additional power savings (when you are not using the Wi-Fi network).
- Parental controls to restrict kids from opening certain websites (Limited).
- Bandwidth control for Internet usage – You can set the maximum upper-limit bandwidth for Internet usage. This prevents Internet applications from interfering with real-time traffic like HD videos, voice, etc.
- Support for Dynamic DNS (through DynDNS.com) – To enable accessing your devices from anywhere, over the Internet (Optional).
- 3-Year Limited Warranty.
- Limitations: 10/100 Mbps LAN ports; No support for the latest Wi-Fi standard: 802.11ac.
Product page: TRENDnet TEW-551DR.
You can follow the latest Computer Networking/IT Products released for homes/small businesses & reviews by subscribing to this blog with your email address in the top right-hand sidebar box: ‘Follow by E-mail’. You can expect one mail per week (max).