TRENDnet has launched a USB to HDMI converter (TU3-HDMI) that can be used to project the contents of a computer monitor on a larger display unit that accepts HDMI input (TV, LCD/LED monitor, Projector, etc), through the USB port. In short, this adapter converts a USB port on your computer into a HDMI port!
There are four operating modes supported by this converter,
- Primary display, which transfers the computer monitor contents to HDTV/HDMI-monitor.
- Mirror mode, which creates a copy of the computer monitor contents to HDTV/HDMI-monitor.
- Extend mode, which shows the computer monitor contents on a small box on the HDTV/HDMI-monitor, along with whatever is running there currently.
- Multiple monitor mode, which extends the display over multiple monitors.
- Model: TU3-HDMI
- Function: USB to HDMI converter, to display computer monitor contents on a larger screen (that supports HDMI input).
- USB 3.0 Port: When paired with USB 3.0 port of a computer, this enables data to be transferred at maximum bandwidth. Works best with USB 3.0 ports as it is an excellent option for transmitting HD video and other high-bandwidth demanding content. The device also supports USB 2.0 and other older format ports.
- Adapter powered through PC USB port.
- HD (High Definition) display support.
- USB hot-swapping for adding/removing monitors easily.
- 2-Year Warranty.
- Supports Windows Operating System only.
- USB cable to connect with PC included, HDMI cable to connect to the monitor not included.
- Connectivity: PC -> USB cable -> TRENDnetTU3-HDMI converter -> HDMI cable -> Monitor/Projector/TV.
- MSRP: $99.99
- Further Information: Manufacturer’s web-page.
You can follow the latest Computer Networking/IT Products released for homes/small businesses & reviews by subscribing to this blog with your email address in the top right-hand sidebar box: ‘Follow by E-mail’. You can expect one mail per week (max).