LenovoEMC has released a new 4-bay Network storage device (NAS) for Small/Medium Business (SMB). It’s a good choice for small businesses that want enterprise quality and reliability, in a limited budget.
Highlights of LenovoEMC px4-400d NAS:
- 5 Models: Diskless; 4 x 1 TB; 4 x 2 TB; 4 x 3 TB; 4 x 4 TB, ranging from $729 to $2699 (MSRP).
- 4-Bay Network Attached Storage unit (NAS) – Supports up to 4 x 3.5″ HDDs, Desktop form-factor.
- 2 x 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet; 5 x USB (4 USB 3.0); 1 x eSata; 1 x HDMI ports.
- Supports Windows, Mac & Linux systems.
- Runs LenovoEMC Lifeline Operating System.
- RAID 0,1,10,5 support for disk redundancy or JBOD for aggregation.
- Supports up to 75 users, 16 IP cameras (video management software).
- Intel Atom D2701 (2.13 Ghz) dual-core processor, 2 GB DDR3 RAM.
- Backup through Acronis Lite (3 licenses included).
- Supports active snapshots, point-in-time backup.
- Windows Active Directory for AAA.
- Supports dedicated SSDs for caching.
- Many built-in applications and options to expand.
- Personal cloud option.
- iSCSI support.
- Local & remote sharing support.
- Supports hot-swap, 7200 RPM, SATA III hard-drives.
- Supports Virtualization, Data Replication, Device to device copy jobs.
- User interface is available in 18 languages.
- Out-of-the-box certifications include Windows® Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012 R2, VMware vSphere ESX 5.5 iSCSI and NAS, XenServer™ 6.1, 6.2 (w/ MPIO), iSCSI & NFS.
Further info: LenovoEMC px4-400d 4-bay NAS product page.
You can follow the latest Computer Networking/IT Products released for homes/small businesses & reviews by subscribing to this blog with your email address in the top right-hand sidebar box: ‘Follow by E-mail’. You can expect one mail per week (max).