Does your network switch make a constant (distracting) buzzing noise? Well, most of the network switches available in the market today make excessive sound mainly due to multiple fans running inside them. In this post, let us look at some network switch models for SOHO/ SMB/ High-end Home applications, which are silent and have a quiet operation mainly because of the fact that they do not have any fans built into them!
Fans are quiet important for the functioning of Network Switches as they help cool down the various over-heated components within them. In most of the network switches, there are multiple fans (2 or 3) that constantly keep making the buzzing noise, which can be quite audible if you are anywhere near them. Lower end Switches made for home use are slightly better, but they still make some noise. This noise distracts people both in the office setting or in home setting so much that many of them have started looking out for quiet and silent network switches that are fanless!
The following network switch models are advertised by the vendors as Fanless and hence Silent/ Quiet. Hopefully they have some protection against overheating built into them. (These switches are more suitable for Small Office/ Home Office, Small and Medium Business, High end home applications)
1. Hp Procurve 1410 Series:
- Hp Procurve 1410-8G – 8 x 10/100/1000 Mbps Ports, Unmanaged Switch
- Hp Procurve 1410-16G – 16 x 10/100/1000 Mbps Ports, Unmanaged Switch
- Hp Procurve 1410-24G – 24 x 10/100/1000 Mbps Ports, Unmanaged Switch
2. Dlink DGS-1024D – 24 x 10/100/1000 Mbps Ports, Unmanaged Switch
3. Hp Procurve 1810 Series:
- Hp Procurve 1810G-8 – 8 x 10/100/1000 Mbps Ports, Smart/ Semi-Managed Switch
- Hp Procurve 1810G-24 – 24 x 10/100/1000 Mbps Ports, Smart/ Semi-Managed Switch
4a. Dlink DGS – 1224T – 24 x 10/100/1000 Mbps Ports, Web-Smart Switch
4b. Dlink DGS – 1210-24 – 24 x 10/100/1000 Mbps Ports, Web-Smart Switch
5. Cisco SG200 Series:
- Cisco SG200-8 – 8 x 10/100/1000 Mbps Ports, Managed Switch
- Cisco SG200-26 – 24 x 10/100/1000 Mbps Ports, Managed Switch
6. Hp Procurve 2610-24 – 24 x 10/100 Mbps Ports, Managed Switch
7. Edge Core Networks ES4528V -24 x 10/100/1000 Mbps Ports, Managed Switch
8. RFL 3200 Series Ethernet Switches – Industrial Grade, Solid-State Cooled, Fanless Operation
You can follow the latest Computer Networking/IT Products released for homes/small businesses & reviews by subscribing to this blog with your email address in the top right-hand sidebar box: ‘Follow by E-mail’. You can expect one mail per week (max).