Digium, the company behind the popular IP PBX softwares Asterisk and Switchvox has launched its own series of Digium IP Phones, primarily targeting users using these VOIP applications. Digium already has its own range of E1/T1 Cards, Analog Trunk/Analog Extension Cards targeting the usage of analog trunks and analog extensions, with the soft-switch applications.
Some highlights of Digium IP Phones include,
- Three models – D40, D50, D70
- Targeting the users of Digium Asterisk and Digium Switchvox
- All phone models support High Definition – HD Voice
- With Asterisk & Switchvox, these IP Phones support Plug and Play deployment
- All the phone models feature full-duplex speaker phones
- All the phone models support POE – Power over Ethernet
The main differences between the three models D40, D50, D70 are:
- Line keys: D40 – Two line keys; D50 – 4 Line keys; D70 – 6 Line keys
- BLF (Busy Lamp Field) keys – D40 – None; D50 – 10 BLF Keys; D70 – 10 BLF keys with real time information on a special LCD screen next to them
- Feature keys: D40 – Four; D50 – Six; D70 – Ten
- LCD Display: D40 & D50 – 3.5″ Backlit Greyscale LCD Display; D70 – 4.5″ Backlit Greyscale LCD Display
So, while D40 looks like an entry level cost-effective IP Phone, D50 looks like a mid-level executive phone and D70 seems to target the top-level executives.
You can follow the latest Computer Networking/IT Products released for homes/small businesses & reviews by subscribing to this blog with your email address in the top right-hand sidebar box: ‘Follow by E-mail’. You can expect one mail per week (max).